HLTINFCOV001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
This short course describes the skills and knowledge required to follow organisational infection prevention and control procedures, including implementing standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks.
By completing this course you will:
- Understand the basis of infection and be introduced to transmission-based pathogens that present as infectious hazards in the workplace.
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks.
- Describe the chain of infection and be provided with an overview of prevention and control methods.
- Describes how to manage infection-based risk in the workplace.
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards.